College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering at Shanghai Aurora Vocational College has seven majors，including Mechatronics, Industrial Robotics, Numerical Control Technology, Digital Media Technology, Internet of Things Technology, Internet of Things (Sino-US program) Technology, Construction Engineering.
Faculty and staff of the college are full of passion and strength. They are more than 60 full-time and part-time faculty, more than 25% of them are professors. 65% of them are double-quality teachers focused on both academic and technical divisions.
In the past 4 years, the college has been continuously growing, making great efforts to improve its quality and establish our teaching characteristics. So many achievements have wegot through this developing process. These are:
1. The First and Second Prizes Excellent Education Achievements of Shanghai;
2. Two Outstanding Teaching Team Award of Shanghai to numerical control technology and multimedia technology from Shanghai Municipal EducationCommission;
3. Five Excellent Courses Award of Shanghai;
4.Teaching Master Award of Shanghai;
6. Shanghai Pioneer Award for teaching honor;
7.In recent years, under the guidance of our faculty and staff, students have achieved good grades in competitions such as the "Starlight Program" Professional Skills Competition in Shanghai and National Professional Skills Competition, here are:
July 2015, the Second Prize of the National Professional Skills Competition on e-commerce and the First Prize of Shanghai Division Trial.
May 2017, Second Prize of National Professional Skills Competition on Virtual Reality (VR) Design and Manufacture and the Second Prize of Shanghai Division Trial.
May 2017, the Third Prize of National Professional Skills Competition on Secretarial Skills and the First Prize of Shanghai Division Trial.
The Third Prize of Team Award in Shanghai's "Starlight Program” the Sixth Vocational College Professional Skills Competition on Website Design.
The Third Prize in Shanghai Division Trial of the National Professional Skills Competition Secretarial Skills,
The First Prize of Team Award of 2017 Shanghai “Starlight Program” Professional Skills Competition on Web Design.
The Third Prize of 2017 Shanghai “Starlight Program” Professional Skills Competition on Industrial Control.
The Second Prize of Team Award of 2017 Shanghai “Starlight Program” Professional Skills Competition on IOT Applied Technology.
The Third Prize in Shanghai Division of the "Opai Cup" National Mobile Commerce Skills Competition;
The Second Prize of Team Award of 2017 "Huan Ming Cup" in National Vocational College Professional Skills Competition on Business Data Analysis.
8. In the recent five years, nearly 20 textbooks of higher vocational majors have been published. Among them, the textbook of Application of Programmable Control Training is listed in the 12th Five-Year Plan for national planning textbooks.
9. The college organizes students to grasp the vocational skills of the Shanghai Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau with high success rate. All of students majoring in Digital Media and Internet of Things Technology have obtained the Vocational skill certificatesawarded by the Bureau, which is ranked the first in Shanghai.
The College has two training centers funded by national financial support, CNC Technology Training Center and Internet of Things Training Center, also has Mechanical and Electrical Training Center and Constriction Engineering Training Building of Shanghai Educational Highland. There are nearly 30 various labs and training rooms in the college. There are also more than 40 cooperative practical training basesbuilt by the college and enterprises.
Recently, the employment rate of graduates hasboth reached 100%.